Monday, April 02, 2018

Passover 2018

We had a small, but lively group for our Passover Seder on Saturday. My Cousin Marilyn and I did ALL the cooking! Cousin Janet provided the wine. We always experience dramatic readings of the story of the Exodus. Good food and conversation is the cherry on top of the charoset!
Karen and Megan

Charoset
Sisters, Mae and Roz
After the first portion of the Seder we had a very delicious dinner!
Gefilte Fish
Matzoh Ball Soup
Fruit Compote, Chicken Marbella, Spinach & Corn Casserole, Mediterranean Rice Pilaf
We finished the Seder service, paid our respects to those who have gone before us and drank our last glass of wine! Dessert was next!
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Home-Baked Macaroons
Megan didn't get in this photo! L-R, Bottom Row: Janet, Irene, Mae, Jackie, Roz, Larry, Ellen, Marilyn. L-R, Top Row: Karen, Jeff, Doug, Phil
Thank you to my family! Happy Passover!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:15 AM PDT, Blogger ken bloom said...

The food all looks delicious. The gefilite fish reminds me of what Grandma Katz used to make oh so many years ago. I most remember the seders they had at the apartment on Doheny. I think you were too young to remember. Mozel Too to you and Marilyn for ding all the hard work that keeps things like this going.

 
At 1:49 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

I love seeing your Jewish traditions. I have very little knowledge of the religion (just what I have seen in tv shows and movies), so it's really a treat to see your celebrations. My daughters have a Jewish friend that kindly invited them for Seder and they enjoyed it tremendously. It was several years ago and they still mention it from time to time, especially the delicious food.

Your mom and aunt look amazing! So stylish and classy.

 
At 1:58 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thank you, "unknown." Hey, next time, sign your name so I'll know who left such a lovely comment.

Yes Aunt Mae and my Mom, Roz, look fantastic! Mae is 100 and Roz is 95!!

 
At 2:04 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry about that. My name is Debra C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery