Thursday, October 13, 2016

Valley Baby Blankie

Lauren and Eric are having another baby!  They want to be surprised as to whether it's a girl or boy. I chose a color theme of orange, lime green, yellow and some neutrals for a lightweight blanket. Lauren, Eric and their son Lucas live in the San Fernando Valley. It's hot in the Valley most of the time, hence the lightweight blankie. 
Jo-Ann's "Sensation Breeze" self-patterning yarn is the perfect yarn for this project.  Too bad they discontinued this yarn. I really like it! The yarn is 72% acrylic, 20% cotton and 8% nylon, fully washable and machine safe! Perfect for a baby to drag around the floor!
I crocheted the blankie with a size "H" crochet hook, using the Diagonal Box Stitch for most of the piece.  
After I ran out of yarn, I used the lime green and yellow version of this yarn for the border. I crocheted a granny border using the Chocolate Box pattern.  I paired the blanket with a few onesies in coordinating colors. Mama Lauren loves the blanket! I hope that Baby Astor #2 loves it too!
Lauren at our "Baby Sprinkle," WeHo SnB, Original Farmers Market. Market regular, Paul Mazursky looks on favorably!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery