Thursday, October 20, 2016

Making Things for Friends & Family

I don't know if any of these ladies have EVER worn their flower headbands again, but it made for a great photo opportunity!

Holiday gift time is near. Many of my yarny friends are making items to gift to friends and family. Sometimes this is a good thing. Sometimes it's not. Usually, I only give yarny, handmade items to other friends who craft. They appreciate the work that goes into a custom item.
Recent Shawls for Nancy and Leah

When gifting someone with one of your own creations, it's usually safe to give them something where size does not matter...a scarf, shawl, household items, etc. I've made sweaters for my Mom and Husband, but I know their sizes and see them often enough to check the fit.
Checking the fit in progress on Mom's cardigan

You can ALWAYS make a tiny sweater for a new baby. Babies don't care what they're wearing. As long as you please the mother, the baby is sure to get some use out of your creation.
The Twins are a captive audience!
Mom Sara and Baby Vivian in her green cardi, whether she likes it or not!

Here are some of my successful yarny gifts!
Brooke's 70's Granny Afghan
Larry's Blue Cable-Knit Pullover
Suzette's Sock Monkey Toilet Roll Cover
Last Christmas I made hipter beards for EVERYONE, including me! They might not wear these in public, but at least they're cozy on winter days!
Hipster Beards for Everyone!
Jeff and Audrey
Toasty!

Are you planning your crafty gifts for this year's holiday season?  What are you making?

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:08 PM PDT, Blogger Lizzy Tex Borden said...

LOL... Those beards are the greatest!

 
At 9:26 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks, Lizzy! Once the weather gets cooler I'm going to start wearing my beard around town!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery