Thursday, September 15, 2005

L.A. Is My Beat

First, the whining: This is my second attempt at a BLOG. I'm hoping that this interface will be user-friendly. The lovely and talented Crazy Aunt Purl designed the header in this post. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to make this header a permanent one on my blog!!! Also, I wanted to add a photo to my Profile...argh....can't quite figure that one out either!

I will be blogging about crocheting, knitting, art and all things Los Angeles. I'm an L.A. native and I LOVE this City!

I've been knitting and crocheting lots of hats lately. I've sent many to Stitches From The Heart for donation to Hurricane Katrina victims, as well as to hospitals across the country for preemies. Pctured are a few samples, modeled beautifully by Samantha Southerland and Larry Underhill. The aforementioned Crazy Aunt Purl is responsible for this flurry of hat making too! She has a great tutorial on her site on how to make this hat to fit everyone! Considering she's a novice knitter, she's highly advanced at explaining the intricacies of this project. I've been knitting and crocheting for waaaaay over 35 years and I still don't have the patience to really sit down and write out a pattern! Shout out to Ms. Purlie!

Tonight, I'll be attending my usual Stitch 'n Bitch meeting at the Original Farmers Market in Los Angeles. I'll take a few hats for show and tell. Right now, I'm working on even more hats to sell at holiday time. I'm trying to use up all of my crunchy acrylic yarn that I've been collecting for too many years. Do I hear yarn/yard sale?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:11 PM PDT, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

Woo hoo! Welcome back to blogland!

 
At 1:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a link to the help files that tell you how to post a photo in your profile - http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=776&query=profile%20photo&topic=0&type=f

You have to have the photo online somewhere already (either hosted on another site or posted to your blog somewhere) then you modify the html template to look for that photo to add it to your profile!

 
At 10:57 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, your blog rocks!

 
At 5:07 AM PST, Anonymous vlad the wordpress seo said...

backtracking thru your blog and enjoying it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery